Monday, December 8, 2008

December is veryyyy cold!










Greetings CKI!


I thought everyone would be interested in checking out a screen shot of what my desktop says it is outside. Feel free to click the image above on the right and see what the lower right hand yellow box says, it's a very chilly ZERO degrees here in New York.

Today I had an excellent conference call with the Wisconsin-Upper Michigan District Board. Congratulations to them for a very successful board meeting and deciding to have it on the phone rather then people driving through dangerous conditions. It's always important to make sure that we are staying safe this holiday/winter season with our travels.

If you are looking for a fun way to get your club involved although when there is very chilly weather I highly recommend having social nights in where your members can enjoy hot chocolate, cookie making, gift wrapping, watching movies, playing board games, or maybe even having a mystery gift swap. You can also try fun activities like ice skating socials or hockey game socials. Above is a picture of myself and my friend Brittany at a hockey game, clearly I went all out to support my Potsdam Bears by painting a bear paw on my cheek! haha! It's always nice to plan fellowship activities not just because it is cold but also because it's a nice opportunity to give members a stress reliever from studying for final exams, we all know how stressful the end of the semester can get!

So thanks for reading my update and keep your eyes peeled for the CKI Board Book being released soon!

Live to Serve -- Love to Serve,

--Kristen

p.s. The International Board is holding a Holiday Mingle in Chicago, Illinois this January! If you want to meet us click here for more details or e-mail me at president@circlek.org. Hope to see you there!

No comments: