Sunday, August 17, 2008

Drumroll please.....introducing SHORT HAIR!

For those of you who were lucky enough to attend International Convention in Denver, CO you saw at the closing session a group of lovely ladies (and one gentlemen) cut our hair for Locks of Love.

Locks of Love is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that accepts hair donations to manufacture hair pieces for children (under the age of 18) suffering from medical related hair loss. For more information on Locks of Love click here to learn about their vision, mission, and how you can help.

In these pictures above you will see before and after photos of Kathleen Benson (2007-2008 International Representative to Sub-region C and the Queen of being a good best friend) and I with our new hair dos!

When the group of us departed from Denver I know we had some pretty funky, whacky, and choppy hair-dos so I figured I'd upload these pictures so you can see the real aftermath. I was nervous at ICON when Ronald cut my hair however I'm pretty happy with the way my hair turned out. I can make it fluffy, flat, straight, curly, flip it out, curl in it, and most importantly...I CAN STILL PULL IT BACK IN A PONY TAIL! Hallelujah!

For more before and after photos of the brave donors visit the "I cut my hair for Locks of Love at the 2008 CKI International Convention" Facebook Group.

Live to Serve -- Love to Serve,

--Kristen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Kristen! BFFs for life :)

CKI is going to go places with you in the driver's seat :)

Kathleen