Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Free Laundry!

Greetings from New York Circle K'ers!

First and foremost I wanted to take a quick moment to thank everyone at International Convention & LSSP for making this past week such a memorable experience for me. Especially to those who helped me so much in preparing for running for president (it's not easy, trust me!) including Michelle Clemens, Eric Hotchkiss, and Sneha Bhat. I would've been lost without you three! You never really know just how much you miss CKI events until you come home and are like "wait?! why aren't you cheering?" and "where are my constant hugs and happy gram notes?!" I know I wouldn't mind checking a paper bag at the end of each day with a positive happy gram saying how cool I am -- haha!

For those who don't know me my name is Kristen Reed and I am your new Circle K International President for the 2008-2009 year. I can't tell you how excited I am to have been elected and now I am ready to get this show on the road of service for this year! Since International Convention I have been a busy bee with the flood of e-mails (mostly Facebook picture tags, ofcourse), getting things settled and ready for the International Board Trainer in September, and working with Governors on filling vacancies. On that note - if anyone has any questions on the job of Representative and your possibly interested in going for one of the vacant spots definitely let me know. I don't bite - I promise and I'd love to answer any questions you have! Aside from being President, I am SO super excited for my home club's booth at our student activities welcome weekend carnival. We are posting paper feet on the floor that say "This way to free laundry!" and when they arrive to our club booth they will get a raffle ticket to win a laundry basket filled with detergent, dryer sheets, quarters, hangers, and other fun laundry items. To make things even trickier in order to find out if you've won the basket you have to attend the first CKI meeting, haha! Pretty nifty, eh? Once my friend Eric and I create the basket I'll be sure to post pictures so that everyone can see what it looks like.

Well that's it for now everyone! I hope you enjoyed my first blog and I'm super excited to be able to share my experiences as International President with all of you this year!

Live to Serve -- Love to Serve,


--Kristen



Pictures from LSSP and International Convention:






p.s. If you get the chance check out www.circlek.org - it's brand new and looks great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen!!!

First to post on the International Presidents Blog!!!!

Looks great!

Eric

Anonymous said...

This blog is AMAZING! I love the free laundry basket idea : ). Keep it up ma'am!

Rakeya

Robyn Ann said...

Congrats CKI Prez!
WUM District Secretary