Monday, September 29, 2008

Feeling Better!

Greetings from my comfy couch at my parent's house CKI! =)

I wanted to write to let you know I'm recovering well from my wisdom tooth extraction. Although it has been very painful I have enjoyed my new diet of Jello, mashed potatoes, soup, and the oh-so delicious soft dessert that is the Oreo Cakesters. I am the first to admit that even though I am supposed to be giving my mouth a break I have been cheating by sneaking in a few phone calls here and there to Vice President Torres and your LSSP Chair Rix.

Thank you to a few special people: Michelle Clemens & Emily Swartzentruber for the beautiful care packages. Also, shout out to Janice Lin for the wonderful e-mail saying "Welcome to the ranks of having survived wisdom teeth extraction :)"

I have survived and after a weekend of relaxing I was able to work with VP Torres on completing Ad-Hoc Committee Applications, finished a report to the Kiwanis International Leadership Committee, and caught up on some reading for my Women's Health class.

If you find yourself with a little spare time like I did please e-mail CKIMagazine@Kiwanis.org and let them know about any neat projects your club has been up to this Fall 2008 Semester. Also, I want to take the time to congratulate the winners of the 2008 Tomorrow Fund Grants. For a list of grant winners please visit www.circlek.org.

Again thanks for all the love CKI! Keep up the excellence in service, leadership, and fellowship!

Live to Serve -- Love to Serve,

--Kristen

No comments: