Thursday, March 12, 2009

Have you hugged an advisor lately?

Hey all-

I hope everyone is making it through midterm season and has managed to take a break from working, volunteer, and spend some time with your club.

At my Circle K meeting last night we had our nominations for officers and I am ridiculously excited for what the year will bring next year and proud that I have one more year to dedicate to my club and CKI (woot go Class of 2010!). All the candidates who were nominated would do a phenomenal job in any office and I'm looking forward to another great SUNY Potsdam CKI E-Board.

The picture above is with Joe Swan (our FANTASTIC advisor), my Club President Lauren, Club Secretary Kari, Club Comptroller Liz, Club Treasurer Kari, and Club Editor Jen. I wanted to post it and congratulate them as well as the retiring 08-09 Club Exec Boards for working so hard all year to promote service, leadership, and fellowship. This thanks is also especially deserved to the advisors and Kiwanians who dedicate their time to helping our organization succeed. Truthfully, without my Kiwanis Advisor Joe or Faculty Advisor Karen I don't quite know how successful or how much service would get done.

With that being said, take the time at your next club meeting to hug your Kiwanians and thank them for all they do. I encourage all clubs to hold surprise Thank You parties for your advisors and honor them in any way you can through cards, awards, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and have an amazing rest of your week.
Michigan District CKI, Seeeeeee you this weekend at DCON! =)

So Proud to be a Potsdam CKI'er,
-Kristen

No comments: